Can I customize my confirmation page?

Posts from the previous support forum

Can I customize my confirmation page?

Postby jmoyn2339 » 01/26/2007 @ 00:21

I recently downloaded the NateMail Php form script and it works great. I wish I had found out about it sooner.

I do have two questions about the confirmation page format.

Can I customize the format of the Confirmation page? I have a form that I created for a nonprofit disability related organization and a few of the fields have long names. Because of the long field names it is offsetting the results page and it doesn’t look good. Can I modify the field names so that there is a break in the field name? This would shorten up the length of the lines and make the confirmation page look better.

My other question is...Can I add a graphic/logo to the top of the confirmation page near the 'Thank You!' text?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
jmoyn2339

Postby Nate Baldwin » 01/26/2007 @ 10:11

Can I modify the field names so that there is a break in the field name?

Are there already spaces in the field names? If so, and you want the field names to be able to flow to more than on line, you'd need to make a small edit in the script. Around line 264 you should see this code:

Code: Select all
$printHTML .= "<tr>$le<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" nobreak>".$htmlPair[0]."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>$le";

Remove the nobreak from the td tag, so you end up with:

$printHTML .= "<tr>$le<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\">".$htmlPair[0]."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>$le";

For adding logos and such, you can make those edits in the default Thank You page if you're familiar with PHP, but in most cases it's easier to use a customer redirect page (see the PDF manual for details - I recommend the "include" style redirect). You can import the form results into your custom redirect page.
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby jmoyn2339 » 01/26/2007 @ 11:10

Hi Nate,
I made the change you suggested to the script. It didn’t change the look of the confirmation page. I think what I need is a line break in the field name so that the name is on 2 lines.

Can you advise me how to setup the fields names so that they are on 2 lines on the confirmation page.

I can send you a link to the form that I'm referring to if that would help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
jmoyn2339

Postby Nate Baldwin » 01/26/2007 @ 12:36

I can send you a link to the form that I'm referring to if that would help.

Yes please...
http://www.mindpalette.com/contact
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby jmoyn2339 » 01/29/2007 @ 11:21

Hi,
I am still having problems formatting the confirmation page. Also, I bought your processmail script last week and it says on of the features is that there isnt any credit line; but I see a credit line in the confirmation page.

Am I doing something wrong?

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
John
jmoyn2339

Postby Nate Baldwin » 01/29/2007 @ 11:43

How about setting a fixed width for the left side of the table (with the field names)? You could do that on line 264 in NateMail, or line X in ProcessForm. By default, the line looks like this:
$printHTML .= "<tr>$le<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" nobreak>".$htmlPair[0]."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>$le";

Try changing that to:
$printHTML .= "<tr>$le<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" width=\"200\">".$htmlPair[0]."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>$le";

...and make sure to remove the nobreak and add the width attribute. You can change that width number from 200 to whatever you think looks best.

Also, I bought your processmail script last week and it says on of the features is that there isnt any credit line; but I see a credit line in the confirmation page.

There shouldn't be a credit line. Are you sure the form is pointing to the right script? Can you send me a link to the form that's submitting to ProcessForm and showing a credit line so I can see what's up?
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby jmoyn2339 » 01/29/2007 @ 16:42

Hi,
I tried changing the script as you suggested, I found the code on Line 293 - $printHTML .= "<tr>$le<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" nobreak>".$htmlPair[0]."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>$le";

I change the script to $printHTML .= "<tr>$le<td align=\"right\" valign=\"top\" width=\"200\">".$htmlPair[0]."&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>$le";
I am using the ProcessForm_Win file.

When i tried the form I received the following message - Error 404: NOT FOUND! - http://confidtech.com/ProcessForm_Win.php.

When I formatted the new ProcessForm_Win file I added my e-mail address to line 13. Were there any other changes I need to make to the script to have it work properly?

Any suggestions what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
John Moynihan
jmoyn2339

Postby Nate Baldwin » 01/29/2007 @ 18:05

The 404 error just means it's not there (unless the server isn't configured correctly and is giving that page for a script error). Sure the script file is uploaded to the right place?
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Return to Archives