Captcha Woes

NateMail, ProcessForm, JavaScript Form Validator, Form Security, etc.

Captcha Woes

Postby karendesign » 02/23/2009 @ 00:55

Hi Nate,
I've scanned all the posts on Captcha herein to see if any of them match my problem, but they don't seem to. I've just set up ProcessForm and Form Security Image. In Safari 3.2.1, the image doesn't appear. In Firefox 3.0.6, the image doesn't appear but the hint does--even though I deleted the hint line from the script in the page. I'm very new at this this PHP stuff, so am grateful for any help. Please see http://www.pocketguidetours.com/form.php5
Thanks
Karen
karendesign

Re: Captcha Woes

Postby Nate Baldwin » 02/23/2009 @ 14:55

Hi Karen - it looks like your server isn't processing the PHP at all - maybe you need to change all the extensions to .php5 instead of .php? For instance, if I go directly to the file that's supposed to generate the image:
http://www.pocketguidetours.com/mpfs/MPFSImage.php
...I see the PHP code. When that happens, it means the server isn't processing the PHP at all, just feeding it directly to the browser.

Would be worth contacting your web host and getting them to enable the normal .php extension for PHP 5 scripts (in addition to .php5). Otherwise, you'd need to change the extension of every file that ends in .php to .php5
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby karendesign » 02/23/2009 @ 22:36

Nate, that sounds like a good idea. I'll try changing all the suffixes; that worked with the ProcessForm (which worked on its own before trying the Captcha).

Unfortunately, I don't think Earthlink is going to change their systems for me ;-).

--Karen
karendesign

Postby karendesign » 02/24/2009 @ 02:35

Nate, changing the script suffixes did not work. The php directory on the site contains lots of script files that end in "php" so I think the suffix "php5" applies only to pages, not scripts themselves. That said, I'm wondering if the mpfs directory could or should be moved into the php directory required by Earthlink? I presume I'd have to modify the paths to it....?

Thanks
Karen
karendesign

Postby karendesign » 02/25/2009 @ 03:14

The saga continues... I am able to get a test file to process, but still cannot see the security image. The form will process without any input in the user input field. The "new image" link does not generate a change in the hint code. See http://www.pocketguidetours.com/testform4.php5. Any thoughts?
Thanks, Karen
karendesign

Postby degrees » 10/29/2009 @ 00:43

I am having the exact same issue. Did you ever find a solution?
degrees

Return to Form Processing (NateMail, ProcessForm)