Natemail PHP test has failed...

NateMail, ProcessForm, JavaScript Form Validator, Form Security, etc.

Natemail PHP test has failed...

Postby bryweb » 11/19/2009 @ 16:47

Hi there,

So I have used natemail on other web projects. It is a great script and awesome for us non-programmer types (I am a graphic designer with little programming experience). Anyway, I am just getting my personal webpage setup and am almost ready to launch it. I have a form on the contact page that I was planning on setting up natemail with. Unfortuantely, the test failed and says the host is not set up to send emails yet. I am using Go Daddy as a host. I tried changing the file extension to no avail. After that I called GoDaddy tech support and they said their hosting servers were upgraded recently and only support php5. I told the guy what I was trying to do and he suggested that converting the host a to a linux server (from windows) would probably solve the problem. Now that the host is ready to go, I kind of would like to avoid this step because he didn't seem to confident that the problem would be solved. Basically, he told me that the php I am using is not really supported by their upgrades and that the easiest way to get around this would be to find a form script that was coded as PHP5. I wouldn't be able to tell the differnce as I can't understand PHP, I am just an HTML / CSS guy.

Anyway, so I am wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this or has had a similar experience. Should I try and find a script that was written for PHP5? Or is there any workarounds that I could use? I realise this is probably an issue with GoDaddy but the guy I talked to said my account was setup for PHP and as mentioned, the natemail script isn't supported as they require PHP5. He suggested using an asp script instead but I have experience with natemail and love the features. Is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions :D
bryweb

Re: Natemail PHP test has failed...

Postby bryweb » 11/20/2009 @ 10:46

Please disregard my post. I found out what the problem is. I talked with a friend of mine who is using GoDaddy and uses natemail as well. He said his natemail script is working just fine. It turns out that he is using a linux server hosted by GoDaddy. I picked a windows based server when I purchased the hosting. I've had this changed and it looks like everything should be ok.

Anyway, thanks again for natemail. Its a fantastic script!
bryweb

Return to Form Processing (NateMail, ProcessForm)