Drop down menus with rollover images

Posts from the previous support forum

Drop down menus with rollover images

Postby Linus » 11/12/2007 @ 06:12

Hi,

I´m creating a website with Go Live 8.01, and I´ve been trying to get a drop down menu with rollover images to work (also the drop down menu itself consists of rollovers put in a table). As far as I can see, I´m doing what I´m supposed to, however when I preview the site neither the drop down menu nor the rollover images work.

I´ve published it on a testserver at: http://www.nonstopas.no/uploads/rosenborgpark5/rosenborgpark.html

It´s probably really simple and silly, but I just can´t seem to work it put. Can anyone help me? I´m getting kinda desperate here! :(

By the way, I use mac
Linus

Postby Nate Baldwin » 11/12/2007 @ 10:52

There are a few major problems with the code being used for the actions. The first is that one of the actions is causing a JavaScript syntax error:
Code: Select all
CSAct[/*CMP*/ 'c358cd841'] = new Array(CSShowHide,/*CMP*/ '',);

(on line 195). Maybe there's a parameter at the end that's not set in the Actions palette? There's a comma in there towards the end, and there should be something after the comma - apparently either a 1 or a 0 (I'm guessing that's for visibility status).

Also, the path to your script library is pointing directly to your computer's hard drive. See the first FAQ topic here (second issue in red):
http://www.mindpalette.com/actions/faq.php

There also seems to be duplicate code for your show/hide actions in the file's head section - probably because of the syntax error in the first section.

So, aside from fixing the link path per the FAQ, it would likely be easier to start again with a clean page without any of the action code and re-assign them, sorry.
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby Linus » 11/13/2007 @ 02:42

Well, sometimes it´s just easier to start over. Thanks for the reply! :roll:
Linus

Return to Archives