Hello again, Nate, and sorry for the delayed response: yesterday was a zoo.
I have sent you two html form files: one works and one does not, and I have no idea what is different between them... they call the same config files, and to the best of my knowledge are identical in all but formfields.
By "works" above I mean that one will indeed submit the form if the captcha is infilled correctly, but the other will not. In fact, in the 'newclient' form I sent you, the fact that the captcha is not working seems to be negating the "required" script altogether... it goes straight to the captch reject, and ignores any errors in the required fields.
I hope you can see what is eluding me here...