Slide Show questions

MindPalette tutorials and scripts

Slide Show questions

Postby MerrickMgt » 07/30/2005 @ 23:21

Hi there :)

I have several questions on the new Slide Show:

Nate, On Page 3 of the manual, when you say to drag a head action into the head section of the page the slide show will be on, which specific head action do you mean? My GL CS2 has 11 of them!

Second, is the "Escape Text" utility for the blurb of text that will accompany each photo in the show?

Last, this relates more to Photoshop and the Slide Show. I want to feature some graphic work I've done. Some is letterhead, which is 8.5 x 11, and some are brochures which are letter size, but landscaped. Question: How do I adjust these in Photoshop so they are all the same size, since their orientation differs?

Thanks much
:!:
MerrickMgt

Re: Slide Show questions

Postby Nate Baldwin » 08/01/2005 @ 13:22

Hi. I know I already responded via email, but I'll post here as well in case someone else has the same questions...

Nate, On Page 3 of the manual, when you say to drag a head action into the head section of the page the slide show will be on, which specific head action do you mean? My GL CS2 has 11 of them!

Drag in a "head action" object from the Smart tab of the objects palette into the head section of your page. The action you assign to it from there will depend on which part of the slide show you're setting up.
Second, is the "Escape Text" utility for the blurb of text that will accompany each photo in the show?

Yes, that would be used for any caption or description text.
Last, this relates more to Photoshop and the Slide Show. I want to feature some graphic work I've done. Some is letterhead, which is 8.5 x 11, and some are brochures which are letter size, but landscaped. Question: How do I adjust these in Photoshop so they are all the same size, since their orientation differs?

For the different image sizes/orientations, you can try just not specifying a size for the main image in the GoLive Inspector palette - leave both horizontal and vertical to "image". That should make it resize in every browser except maybe Safari. Otherwise, you'd probably need to add some padding around the images to match the page background color so they're all the same size.
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

On the Photshop Question

Postby josephlestingi » 09/03/2005 @ 23:32

Hi,
I had a similar situstion in that not all of my images were the same size. I settled on a size of 575x390 pixels. If my image is larger than that I resize so that one of the two dimensions is matched. I then open a new image that is 575x390 pixels with a transparent background. I copy the image and then paste in the new holder image. I then save the new image as a GIF.
You can see some examples at http://www.signsofgold.com.
Joe
josephlestingi

Return to Tutorials and Scripts