New user: email form not being sent out?

NateMail, ProcessForm, JavaScript Form Validator, Form Security, etc.

New user: email form not being sent out?

Postby Tizoc » 09/10/2005 @ 19:23

Hi :)

I like to start out by saying that I am a novice in website creation.

In the last 3 weeks I managed to create a website using Golive CS, than asked to place a form on a page, hence why I am here. Your php script natemail3 has been very helpful.

I am testing the website on my computer before I publish on the internet. The issue I am having is that no email is being sent out from my server when I submit the form, I do get the Thank you confirmation page but no email. I am running apache 2.0.52, PHP 4.3.9 under OS 10.3.9.

I believe it’s a server issue but not sure, can someone point me in the right direction!

Thanks.
Tizoc

Postby Nate Baldwin » 09/12/2005 @ 14:14

If you're testing on your local computer, the email isn't going to be sent unless you also have SendMail or some other mailing app installed on the local computer. Can you try it out online on your web server and post back if it's still not working?
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby Tizoc » 09/12/2005 @ 21:55

Hi Nate,

Thanks for your response. Yes, I am testing on a local computer running OS X (panther). I read somewhere that it comes with SendMail app...I will google to get more information on the app.

I was under the impression that apache server had email capabilties. :(

I do not have a commerical webhost account to test the website, the person who I am creating this site will purchase a webhost account once his site is finished.

Thanks again.

Mike.
Tizoc

Postby Nate Baldwin » 09/13/2005 @ 11:14

Under normal circumstances, if it processes through to the "Thank You" page on your local system, it should run fine and send the email on the real server. I've never tried to get script-generated email working from my local machine, so not sure what to say on that one. I would have thought that you'd at least need some sort of DNS configuration for the mail server, but I really don't know.

If you get it on the server and something's not working, you know where to find me :-)
Nate Baldwin
Site Admin

Postby Tizoc » 09/13/2005 @ 14:44

Nate,

Thanks for your response. If I find any information on how to get mail working on a local computer, I'll come back and post it.

Keep up the good work!

Mike.
Tizoc

Return to Form Processing (NateMail, ProcessForm)